Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Video Workshop at Lady Doak College, Madurai

Video Workshops are my another passion!



I love training people, particularly the youngsters to make films. I was also trained by Gargi Sen, Ranjan De and Sujit Ghosh when I was a student doing my M.A. at Madurai Kamaraj University in 1993. Those were golden days of my life. I cannot forget the commitment and enthusiasm shown by the trainers in sharing their knowledge and experience with  me. That is my bench mark.When ever I get a chance I train people.





Lady Doak College, Madurai has been always by source of support and energy. Dr.Caroline Nesabai of Department of Social Sciences is my all time favourite supporter. She has high regards for me. But she will not accept what ever I say. She will question me, argue with me and is open to new ideas and thoughts. She is a wonderful friend. I remember having my first meeting for Marupakkam at 469, K.K.Nagar where she came along with Varthini, Murali, Prabakar, Ritama to discuss and plan the activities of our group.


A video workshop was organised at The Lady Doak College, Madurai to train students in making documentary films. I was the resource person. My team consisted of Hameed Aslam, Durai Murugan, Kumaresh and Madhavan. Media department of the Lady Doak College had initiated the program.

No comments: